Saturday, September 13, 2014

Purple


I've been told that a lot of people can be defined by their favorite color. In my case, my favorite color is purple. When I looked up what the color purple said about a persons personality, it said that if your favorite color is purple, you are a peaceful and tranquil person, and you have a quiet dignity about you. This is strange because I rarely feel peaceful or tranquil, but so many people ask me "How do you stay so calm?" and "Doesn't anything bother you?". I guess I don't appear to be stressed on the outside ever. It makes so sense to me. My boyfriend once said that the fact that I always seem so peaceful was one of his favorite things about me. I mean I don't think there is really such a thing as a truly peaceful or tranquil person; life is too unpredictable for that. But I do think that there are people who have a bigger capability for peace than other people. A better understanding of the way life can make things more or less difficult for people. I don't necessarily believe I have a big capacity for peace. It's probably something dysfunctional with my facial muscles that makes me seem so peaceful all the time. Someone told me that I always seemed cool and content today, and I almost laughed out loud. I mean right now with the way by boyfriend has been acting lately, I feel just about everything but peaceful or content.
Another characteristic of a purple personality is creativity which I can definitely relate to. I've always been creative and artistic. From the way I dress, to the music I write, I love the unconventional. I love to stand out. When I was younger, I went to private schools which required me to wear school uniforms. Now if there is one thing I hate, it's looking the same as other people. I hate blending in, being invisible. I used to always do crazy things with my hair, like dying it purple or blue, and wearing crazy shoes. My creativity and originality applies to my music in the way I hate playing music written by someone else. Now that doesn't mean I refuse to play music written by others, I of course play the music of the great composers, but I would much rather play something I made up.  
Purple is a powerful color. Purple is the strongest wavelength of the spectrum. Purple is also a very rare color when you look at nature; there are very few purple plants, animals, or fruits. Purple was also the hardest color to create dyes for clothing; it takes almost 12,000 shellfish to make about 1.5 grams of pure purple dye, barely enough to completely cover a roman toga back in the day. Purple is powerful because of it's rarity, but also in the confidence it takes to rock the color purple. Back in the day, only royalty wore purple. Purple was the color of wealth and of power.
I don't see myself as wealthy or powerful, but I know there is strength in the color. And there is strength in me.
C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida.
And Fuck the System.
Peace.
Signed hot_tunes♪♫


No comments:

Post a Comment