Friday, June 13, 2014

Where I Belong


Do you ever just want a change of scenery? Ever just want to get away from it all? To become someone completely different? To adopt a new identity, and leave it all behind?
I did.
They're calling it the quarter life crisis. The same symptoms of a midlife crisis, only instead of going out and hooking up with people half their age, or buying sports cars, teens are changing completely. Finding their true identities and stepping out into the world completely different. Adopting their true personas, and seeking adventure.
Me? I decided to hit the streets. It's where I'm most comfortable, and where I feel like I belong. I was never meant to sit around in suburbia waiting for something exciting to happen.
So I decided to give up the comforts of home. Adopt my old name, dye my hair, and return to my real identity. I'm the girl who wears leather corsets, and bikini bottoms on a daily basis just because she can. I'm the girl who carries a knife in her studded boots, because she is not one to be messed with. I'm the girl who wears leaves a ring of red lipstick on her coffee cup, and blows kisses at whoever she wants to just because she can.
It's exciting, and even though it's familiar, it's strange. I've been living that middle class life for so long, I almost forgot what it was like to fend for myself out here. But I love it. Leaving was the best thing I think I've done in a while. Life on the streets is perfect for me. I can hit up every underground street dance competition, and not have any responsibilities. Some call me crazy. They say the streets are too dangerous for a teenage girl by herself. I just laugh. For someone like me the suburbs are a death trap.
I have street smarts. I know where it isn't safe for me to go after dark. I don't intentionally put myself in dangerous situations. I am always armed, and I know how to fight like hell.
I know how to keep myself safe, but I don't avoid sketchy situations just because they might not guarantee my safety. I've had my life threatened before. I've been shot. I've been stabbed. I've been attacked. I can honestly say that there is nothing on the street that truly scares me anymore. I have my connections of course. I never truly ride solo. If you want to survive on the street you can't. I don't run with the homies, but I have connections with them.
I love it here. And I honestly don't know if I ever want to go back. I tried that suburban life, and it's not for me. I can play my music and do my dance right here on the street where I belong. It's the life.

C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida.
And Fuck the System.
Peace.
Signed, hot_tunes♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment