Wednesday, August 20, 2014

So Close, Yet So Far

So I've been dating this guy for about a month, and it's been great. But recently, he just seems uninterested.
He'll ask me over to spend the night, and spend the entire time staring at the tv. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not an attention junkie. I get it that clingy girls are a huge turnoff to guys, so I give him space. But every girl just needs to cling every now and then, am I right ladies? 
I mean, this is what a night at his place used to consist of: We would cuddle on the loveseat, and start a movie. About fifteen minutes in, we would give up on the movie, and instead opt for a steamy makeout session which in turn would lead to us giving up on the loveseat, and tripping over each other to get get to his room, and well you can figure out the rest.
Now, a little over a week later, a night with him consists of this: We sit together on the sofa not really touching and start a movie. After the movie. He starts another movie, and I start to stare out the window. Around two in the morning we go to bed. He pats me on the back, kisses my forehead, rolls over, and goes to sleep. That's it.
I know for a fact that it's not the sex; he told me a little over a week ago that I'm a bombshell in bed. (Which I am, just saying.)
He was sick for a while, so I stayed away for about a week to let him recover.
Maybe it's just me, but I think that if a guy invites a girl over, he should make an effort to acknowledge her existence.
He did say he still wasn't feeling too hot which is why I didn't say anything to him. I just want him to want to come to me. I know I can make him feel better.
He has all this legal stuff coming up (he has to do some time), so I know he's under a lot of stress. But what I don't understand is why he won't let me help him relax, and take his mind off things. I don't mean he needs to make wild love or something (though I wouldn't be opposed that), but I just want him to know that I'm here. I love him, and even though he's going into the system for a time, I'll still be here when he gets out.
I just wish he wasn't so distant. I want us to work so badly.
C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida.
And Fuck the System.
Peace.
Signed, hot_tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment