Saturday, March 19, 2016

My Escape


Today I was reminded of how much I love music. I had a chance, finally, to get away by myself  and get lost in my playlists. After an hour with my precious headphones (and I'm not gonna lie, a little bit of weed), I felt my stress begin to melt away. I have a OT of things to be stressed about. We all do. In this crazy chaotic world we live in, we would have to live in a bubble to completely avoid stress. And since we all live in this world, we each have our means of escape. Some people exercise, or sleep, or meditate. My escape is music.

Playing music. Listening to music. Dancing to music. Anything that has to do with music; singing it,composing it, editing it, performing it. I love music.  Lately I've been so busy I haven't had the time to sit down and play music, or space to listen in peace. I didn't realize, in all the craziness, that I was so stressed, my entire body was stiff with tension. That one hour of peace and music was literally medicine. I felt a hundred times better.

Sitting there watching the smoke swirl up toward the ceiling, I was finally able to calm down enough to focus on the music, and breathe. I listened to quite a few songs, but the one that stood out  from my playlist for me today was Light Me Up by Icona Pop. I had never considered myself to be a fan of Icona Pop, but I downloaded some of their songs at some point, and that song stood out to. It is probably going to be my anthem for a while. The lyrics say, I don't care what they say, even if I go down in flames, Light me up. Pretty much I think it spoke to me because I decided about three years to never let someone turn me into someone I'm not ever again. To never let myself be pressured into becoming something I don't want to be, and to always be myself no matter what happens or how difficult things get. I believe all people should be able to be who they are and be happy, to not have to conform and live miserably. I will never let someone tell me who I should be again.
C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida.
And Fuck the System.
Peace.
Signed, Esther Dolezal ♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment