Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Not Quite Ready..

So today I was reminded why I am not ready to be a parent. I had the chance to spend some time watching my baby nephew, and while I love children, they sure do take a lot of work. It amazes me how the sound of a baby crying triggers a kind of motherly panic. The feeling like you have to make everything better. Of course that is why babies cry. The sound makes us want to take care of them, and fix any problem. I love children, and at some point do want to have kids, but today I realized that I simply do not have the patience and self control required to be a good mother. I suppose I never will completely have either until I have children of my own. I truly have so much respect for the moms out there who raise their children with love and longsuffering, because, let me tell you, that is no easy feat. I guess this is my chance to practice, so to speak. I now realize how much strength it takes to commit to raising a child, and to all of you moms out there who love their children, and raise them with care and patience, I have the utmost respect for you. I really do.

C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida.
And Fuck The System.
Peace.
Signed, Esther Dolezal

No comments:

Post a Comment