Friday, January 10, 2014

Music

So here's the thing about me. I like music. A lot. I'm good at it, when I'm allowed to use my imagination. Otherwise, it's just dead. I mean, there's only so much emotion you can put into Fur Elise right? I have always wanted to get into the music industry. Which is why I'm majoring in Music Performance. But the thing is, I hate music theory. I hate some stuffy old professor sitting over me as I play music, and saying that my technique is wrong, or that certain not sequences are improper. I hate that people think that you can control music, that if you write it down in a book, then all of the sudden its 'proper'.
Who's to say what is proper? What is correct? Music is different for me. When I listen to a song, I don't want to be thinking about which chord structure and cadence they used. I don't care whether their fingering is correct, whether or not they used the proper notation. I want to think about the music, and how it affects me.
I have dreamed about joining the music career as a performer for so long, but I feel like I will never get my chance to perform. Sigh.
But then,
C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida.
And Fuck the System.
Peace.
Signed, hot_tunes♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment