Monday, January 13, 2014

What Has This World Come To?

I wish people could be more understanding. That they could be more open to new things, and the differences between them and other people. 
I've only been at college for a semester, but people seem determined to find people to hate. They don't seem to realize that they are no longer in high school. This is life. You can't just decide you're popular because you wear expensive clothing. You can't form cliques and expect people to worship the ground you walk on. I know that at universities, there are fraternities, and sororities, and that the members seem like they run the campus. But here at  a community college so small that we don't even have a football team, there are no sororities or fraternities. There are no popular cliques, and forming little groups that shun others just makes people hate them.  
Today, I watched as a group of girls stood just inside the entrance of the dorms, and judged every person as they walked in. Myself included. 
It made me sad. That society has devolved is much that even when they reach adulthood, people still give into middle school-esque peer pressure that makes them feel like they need to put others down to be accepted. 
Also I was shocked at the fact that my generation is so dependent. My new roommate whom I was assigned only  yesterday, got homesick overnight, so her  parents came and got her, and took her home. It was pathetic! She decided that she didn't like college after one day, and her parents let her come home. I don't know how she plans to ever leave home and get on with her life if she can't even make it through 24 hours without her parents. 
It just makes me sad to see that this world has come to. 
C'es La Vie. 
Viva La Vida. 
And Fuck the System. 
Peace. 
Signed, hot_tunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment