Sunday, January 12, 2014

No More Routine

So here I am. Sitting in my new room with my new roommates, and already wishing I was done here. It's just that I hate routine. I hate the feeling of settling down and getting comfortable with anything. I don't like looking out the window and seeing the same view for more than a few months at a time. 
I mean I like making friends. I'm not a loner by any means. I like making friends, but what I don't like is doing the same things over with my friends. I like spontaneity. I don't like to be in a relationship where we get in a rut and do the same things over and over. Now don't get me wrong. I like my constants. Like the only smoothie I order on campus is strawberry banana. 
But what I'm getting at is people who insist on turning everything into a routine bother me. Especially when it comes to music. 
Whoever sat down and turned songs into mathematical equations needs to die a slow and painful death. 
Just thinking about the fact that I have three and a half more years of school before I get my bachelors degree is so depressing. I would rather die before I have to sit around in stuffy classrooms listening to professors for another seven semesters. But such is life. 
So I'll go to my class tomorrow. Just one. I only have one class on Mondays. Which is awesome because the I can use the time to get focused for the rest of the week or chill with people or write music or whatever I need to do. I hate Mondays so it's awesome that I get to take it easy on them. I still hate schedules. I wish there was a college were you drew out of a hat every day or so to pick the classes you were going to be taking that week. That would e awesome. I also plan to spend a lot of my free time looking for inspiration for my music. Any ideas or feedback, just anything you would think would make a good song or part of a song would be helpful. Let me know. Every word helps. 
So closes another day in the life of a struggling musician. 
C'est La Vie.
Viva La Vida
And Fuck the System. 
Peace. 
Signed hot_tunes

No comments:

Post a Comment