Monday, January 13, 2014

Theory

Sitting in my music class listening to my professor drone on and on about the "proper" way to quantize a rhythm. That is to say, that instead of counting 6/8 rhythm 1 2 3 4 5 6, he likes to count it 1 2 3 2 2 3. So we're supposed to count it like that from now on. Which is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. So yeah. I mean he's a good guy even though he's hella old. I just hate that he has to be so adamant that music has to be this refined controlled thing. 
I get why theory is necessary to an aspiring musician.  I get that to successfully create something new and entertaining, I need to know everything to know about music and then use my creativity to blend certain styles of music together to create a new genre. But still. I hate it. And I will alwaus hate it. 
On a different note, I still don't have proof as to whether or not Roger is still in Jamaica or if he's down the hall. Everything points to him being here, but I'm not sure so yeah that sucks. I haven't heard anything about him being here, and here's nothing on social media that says he's here. I just need to see him soon. Because if he just left without saying goodbye, I will kill him. Figuratively of course. 
Well I'd better go get ready to study for my interval quiz. 
C'est La Vie. 
Viva La Vida. 
And Fuck the System. 
Peace. 
Signed, hot_tunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment